Re: ALSA -sound

Apparently, _Punit Ahluwalia_, on 18/04/05 15:30,typed:
alsaconf tells me no soundcards found. But, as I said earlier that the sound works when I
play a CD. So I suppose the sound card is configured. It seems to be a wierd problem.

If your CD drive's ananlog output is connected to the motherboard directly, the drive doesn't need the sound card at all.

BTW, if you are running gnome or kde, can you hear system sounds when they are turned on?

And what do these commands give as output:
$> lsmod | grep snd
$> lsmod | grep oss

I should have asked this before, are you using Gnome?

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.