Re: Problems with Debian 3.0 when trying to install on an ASUS av8 motherboard with an ATI x800 graphics card

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:36:16 +0200
Richard Pullicino <richard.pullicino@gmail.com> wrote:

> graphics card is an ATI X800 Pro. To cut short X will not start. I am
> supposed to have the latest version (Version 11 release 6.6) but when
> i try to start it, the error msg that i receive is 'No screen found'
> :(

1) gather all information about
	a) your graphical card: brand, type and pci address: use as root
		lspci
	b) monitor: resolution, max colours, horizontal sync &
	   vertical refresh rates. use
		google
	c) your mouse interface (usb or ps2, scroll-wheel or not, 2 or
	   3 buttons). use
		eyeballs (mk1)
	d) keyboard (usb or ps2)
2) run as root: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
3) edit as root: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to adjust and finetune.

Sincerely,

Jan.