Re: how to uninstall realplayer8 the debian way

On Monday 18 April 2005 17:14, H. S. wrote:
> Now I want to uninstall that version of realpayer and install the newer
> one by myself (without using the installer). How do I do that?
>
> I could just uninstall the Debain package. Will that uninstall
> realplayer8 binaries as well?

If the package is done correctly, I assume it would.  My advice on realplayer,
though, is *not* to install it at all, but instead to just download the
codecs for it, and use those with your favorite open source player.  Much
nicer, and it's actually proved more reliable for me in the past.

--
Lee.