how to uninstall realplayer8 the debian way

I installed Realplayer 8 a while ago in my Sarge machine using the Debian installer:
# dpkg -l *realplayer*
ii  realplayer       8.0.11            Real Player (installer)

The installer prompts for the place where I had download realplayer 8 binary and installs it.

Now I want to uninstall that version of realpayer and install the newer one by myself (without using the installer). How do I do that?

I could just uninstall the Debain package. Will that uninstall realplayer8 binaries as well?

If not, how do I find out which files I need to remove to erase rp8?

thanks,
->HS
--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.