Re: www-data user

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Marty wrote:

> Alvin Oga wrote:
> >
> > non-users ( not real people ) should never have /bin/bash shell access
> >

> Did you or anyone else report it?  I prefer to get my bug fixes from the
> package maintainers unless it's an emergency.

nothing to report ... people already know about that "learn by
experience not-really-a-security-issue-but-preventative-security rule"

some peole like red ... some people like magenta

different "security requirements" for different people's background
and requirements and specs or "blindly" accept what is given to ya

i tend to spend a day or a week to clean up anybody's generic cd install
	- the tighter they want it, the more time will be needed
	to clean up any generic distro install

c ya
alvin