Postgresql-8.0 and Webmin and SQL-Ledger

Has any one got Postgresql-8.0xx from Debian experimental running with
anything. I have it running but can not manage it from (Webmin  via tarball
not .deb)  or PgAccess, and Sql-ledger from Debian will not run either. The
postgresql-8.0 systems seems to be operating..i.e. the server is starting and
stoping from psgl but all of the old databases are gone and I can not seem to
get new ones to be created. Any tips are appreciated.
--
John Foster