Re: Big disk problem >120G

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, tapa wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I have update my hardware, runing debian woody 3.0, to a 160G HD. I
> have created with "system rescue CD" the folowing partitions:

some (motherboard) BIOS supports disks > 120G .. some dont

some disks has a "big disk jumper" on the drive itself

system rescue cd might not have seen the full 160GB so you
cannot see it after system rescue cd is no longer used and
stuck with what it thought you had
- but its more likely to be your mb bios or disk jumper problems

- gazillion other possibilities

- nothing to do with kernels as long as you can at least see
  the drive  ( fdisk -l /dev/hda )

- nothing to do with boot options ... as long as you can at least
  see the drive ( fdisk -l /dev/hda )

c ya
alvin