Re: Every process for updating debian is behaving strangely:WHY?

On Sunday 17 April 2005 03:35 am, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Sunday 17 April 2005 02:00, John Foster wrote:
> > Kde package manager, dsellect, aptitude & synaptic are all behaving
> > strangely: Any one know why?
> Someone may recognise the problem, but you'll have to describe it better
> than "strangely".
> --
> Lee.
The applications for managing Debian packaged files all have a common set of
listings in them:
INSTALLED          INSTALLED VERSION
ALL                       ALL PACKAGES

or some such set of listings.
The problem is that all of my package managers are showing no UPDATED
AVAILABLE  versions of the already installed applications.
When I try to update from that apt-get command line I get the message that
there is no updateed package available. I suspect a corrupted apt but it
seems to be unable to update itself. I tried dsellect and it wanted to remove
approx 450 installed packages for some reason. Thats strangely.
John Foster