Re: Re: [Fwd: Need Help-YMF724F Sound Card And ALSA]-A Repost

Jeff Green wrote:

I have no access to the soundcard or chipset causing you problems so can offer no direct assistance but a trick I have found useful on many occassions is to download and burn the latest Knoppix CD and see if that configures the device causing you problems. If you get working sound on Knoppix you have a set of conf files to study that give you the right results and it is usually relatively easy to apply them to your own system.

Reply:

Thanks for the reply. Have seen the above recommendation on the listings. Sorry, don't have the capability to burn the CD. May try to get a friend to do so for me as there seems to be a lot of people advocating the Knoppix CD.

Thanks again,
Leonard Chatagnier