Re: kde won't load.

The following was sent to me directly rather than via the list

Re: kde won't load.
 From: Jean-Philippe THIERRY <jphthierry@free.fr>
 To: Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk>

Selon Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk>:

> On Saturday 16 April 2005 00:37, Lurking Death wrote:
> > When i try to use login to the kde desktop environment my screen goes
black
> > and returns to the login screen.  What should i do to fix this?
>
> login from which package? (particularly is it graphical and therefore x is
> running smoothly already)
>
> look in ~/.xsession-errors
>

> --
> Alan Chandler
> http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk
>

> --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

I have had the same problem when I have updated X from dsfg 1-8 to dsfg 1-12.
make it work again, I only have commented user specific lines in
/etc/X11/Xsession and relaunch x session manager. After that I have
decommented
the same lines and it's working perfectly. Perhaps you've got the same
problem.

After reading Alan's answer, I will have a look at this file to try understand
what happened in my case.

Regards.

Jean-Philippe