Re: Easiest way of previewing a Linux distro

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 12:50 +0200, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Under XP I have used VirtualPC which I find very very very easy to use.
>
> What is the best equivalent to do test installs of other Linux desktop
> oriented distros or even (shudder) Win operating systems ? The support
> for a graphic screen is a must of course and also some "virtual
> networking" enabling FTP/HTTP from the virtual machine.
>
> VMWare is not an option for me.
>
> I'd love to know about your real experience.
>
> Thank you,
> Bob

I think qemu ( http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/ ) might work, I
haven't tried it but AFAIK it emulates x86 hardware.
--
| /"\   ASCII Ribbon   | Janis Blechert (mjb)       http://mjb.de.tc/      |
| \ / Campaign Against | janis.blechert@gmx.net     encrypted mail welcome |