Re: mount remote filesystem when available?

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Lee Braiden wrote:

> Oh, never mind.  I've been thinking about this from the wrong angle.  I guess
> I'll just ping first, then use automount :)

it is pointless to ping before automounting ..
	- you still have to wait for nfs/tcpip timeouts in either case
	if the other end is sleeping in never never land

if the automounter fails .. you can't see the other end anyway
and even if you can ping, it's not a guarantee you can mount the
remote box

c ya
alvin