Re: Re: APT-GET UPGRADE VS DIST-UPGRADE

Thanks James Vahn, for your reply. I'm not sure what's the difference between KDE and kde, meta package. However, I get the message that the KDE GUI would still work if I went ahead with the dist-upgrade. The message I got was similar to your last example. I did get an off-list response that explained fully what heppened with KDE and Kvim which I just posted. I installed gnome-vim(think that was the name) to satisy the dependency and apt-get dist-upgrade now does its thing without wanting to remove kde. The new post should
be there shortly.

Thanks for all the responses. I get valuable information from all the replys.

Leonard Chataqgnier