Re: Personal Finance w/Online Banking

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 10:50 am, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> Intuit is going to prevent online banking from working on older versions
> of Quicken in about a week. This, of course, is nothing more than a way
> to force people who don't need an upgrade to buy a new copy of their
> software.
>
> Does anyone know what native Linux finance packages - if any - would
> support online banking. That's a required feature for any software
> package I use to replace Quicken. I use Wells Fargo for my bank if that
> makes any difference.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> ---Michael
I have been running Moneydance on Debian Linux for 2 years- Stable releases
only for me but they have several layers of beta stuff for you to play with
also. The support is excellent and the price is CHEAP. The program is a
little short on some features but it is coming along nicely. It does allow
Online banking in the sense that you can set it up to automatically download
and post the new entires into the ledger accounts (same as Quicken Or MS
Money). There is a trial version to see if it will do what you want. I use it
in combination with SQL-Ledger to run several business. They are very
reliable.
--
John Foster