Re: Lost all my project data, file recovery tool? Urgent!

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 14:39 +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> > On 2005-04-14, Matthias Kaeppler penned:
[snip]

> Yes, because what if the fault was on my side? I won't file a bug unless
> I'm 100% sure it /is/ a bug.
> I have received an answer from the package maintainer in the meantime,
> and it turned out that the directory was deleted because cvsd used it as
> a chroot jail (which itself and all of its subdirectories get deleted on
> deinstallation). So I guess the fault /was/ on my side because I didn't
> inform myself enough about what chroot jails are and how they are handled.
>
> It looks like the only "bug" was in my attention regarding the
> installation/deinstallation messages. Errare humanum est.

Did you leave your project in the default directory created when
cvsd was installed?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for
greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that
children have very little time for their parents. Parents have
very little time for each other, and in the home begins the
disruption of peace of the world."
Mother Teresa