Re: OT: onboard video dead, what next?

Matt Price wrote:

hi folks,

ok, what do I do now...  I have a Dell Optiplex GX1 (Don't kno much
about the motherboard 'cept it's a funky folded-up board w/ the PCI
slots at right angles to the rest of the board).  It seems to me to
boot up fine, to find, for instance, the hard drive and the CD;
ethernet connects fine (I can ping but naught else -- I think the hard
drive has windows something-or-other installed on it); but I get no
signal out of the onboard video (this worked fine last time I tried
the machine out but it's been used by a not-so-careful friend for a
while).  I actually want to set this up as a server so am not too
particular about the video access.. but I guess I need video to
e.g. see the BIOS screen or any other such thing.
First, the obvious. There's not another video card inserted, is there? If so, either plug into it, or unplug it from the board.

Second, google for the procedure to reset the BIOS and do that.

Third, slap another video card in temporarily and use it.

--
Kent