Linux samba server config, it doesn't work.

I?m trying to set up samba again, configuring it in X. I have done this before, but now the system won?t cooperate=P. It seemed like "Authentification mode" need to be set to "user" if I want to connect with the users I declared in the user file. And that did not use to be any problem. However, now it won?t be set to user, it just goes back to Shared resource, and the result is that I can?t log in. Any comments?Thanks, Francisco Cesar da Silva Berlin Germany----------
Francisco Cesar da Silva, Berlin Germany.