Re: autoexpect

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 07:16:09PM -0400, hjnash wrote:
> I have installed the testbuild of debian, I have installed tcl 8.0 and tcl 8.4.9-1 and I have installed expect 5.42.1-1.2 but I do not
> see autoexpect in /usr/bin any one use this, I could use some pointers on how to get it installed. The expect site says its installed
> with expect and that was the case using red-hat.
Hi,

as far as I know, autoexpect is not located under any */bin directory
(why? for security reasons? I don't know...). Instead, you can find it
under '/usr/share/doc/expect/examples/autoexpect'. Copy it to a convient
location (I myself have it living under ~/bin/) and start to
autoexpect!

Hth,
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred