Re: Which print system is easiest for connecting to a JetDirect printer?

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Brad Sims wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 April 2005 5:18 am, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Depending on the LaserJet model, HPIJS + CUPS (or HPLIP + CUPS if you can
> > use the HPLIP packages in sid) *is* your best choice.
>
> Linuxprinting claims that hpljis is slower than some other drivers... however

I wrote "***depending*** on the LaserJet model" for a reason.

Which LaserJet are you using?

> I couldn't confirm that. Linuxprinting.org recommends the ljet4 driver
> from foomatic.

ljet4? Is that a very old LaserJet printer?

Anyway, look for your printer at
http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/productslj.php

If it is listed there, you *want* to use HPLIP 0.9.1-2 from sid, and the
corresponding PPD from linuxprinting.org (double-check it to make sure the
PPD is correct).

  Henrique Holschuh