Which print system is easiest for connecting to a JetDirect printer?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Which print system is easiest for connecting to a JetDirect printer?
- From: Adam Funk <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:06:16 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a couple of Debian machines in the office and I'd like to be able to
print to a LaserJet that has a JetDirect 600N which is directly connected
by RJ-45 to a network switch and has its own IP address.
Since I set them up myself and my department doesn't otherwise use Debian, I
don't want to nag the IT people for support.
Which of the various printing systems would be easiest to set up for this?
(I use CUPS at home on a simple LAN.)