Which print system is easiest for connecting to a JetDirect printer?

I have a couple of Debian machines in the office and I'd like to be able to
print to a LaserJet that has a JetDirect 600N which is directly connected
by RJ-45 to a network switch and has its own IP address.

Since I set them up myself and my department doesn't otherwise use Debian, I
don't want to nag the IT people for support.

Which of the various printing systems would be easiest to set up for this?
(I use CUPS at home on a simple LAN.)

--
Thanks,
Adam