Re: Secure wireless connection

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 22:02 +0200, Michael S wrote:
> Marco Calviani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   i would like to set up a secure wireless connection at home using a
> > wireless router. Does anybody can point me to a place where i can find a
> > nice howto about this? I visited this link:
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> with debian you can use the wpasupplicant package to enable a WPA
> encryption for your wireless card. The README also has background
> information about the WPA standard.
>
> But there are words that even WPA, which is a kind of a successor of the
> insecure WEP standard, is not really secure.
>
> Regards
> Michael

Hi ive tried setting up WPA but i couldnt get it to work, Do you know of
any good howtos where debian is used? such as how do you setup the
interfaces config file?
cheers
| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|           Lisa, if we conserve the environmentalist win |
|                                          -Homer Simpson |