Re: Sarge vs. Sid

Christian Convey wrote:
Thanks.  If I start pulling from experimental, should I expect to start
seeing a lot more breakage than I see with sid?   Because I really have
no stability problems under sid.

- Christian

It depends.  Even under experimental, the apps are usually fairly
stable.  The problems usually occur in the less commonly used arches
and/or with the maintainer scripts.  I know I am dodging your question,
but it depends.  I formerly used expermiental for X4.3 (before it went
into Sid), OpenOffice, the new Evolution, and a few others and never
once experienced breakage.  Though, there was the occasional upgrade
hiccup.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez