Re: dvd error... "mount: not a directory"

Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com> wrote:
> How about that /mnt/dvd is a link, file, or some other file that's
> not a directory, or that there is no /mnt/dvd?

I've got only one drive in my machine. I noticed that mounting a DVD
by using "$ mount /cdrom"  works fine. No need for a specific DVD
mount point.

After all, both /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd point to /dev/hdc without any
difference in their fstab entries, so why not? Same thing
with /dev/cdaudio.

Just another shortcut for people interested in simplifying life.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history