Re: wlan 802.11 driver for netgear usb adapter MA111 (0x846/0x4110)

Hi Deepa,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 02:06:06PM -0700, Deepa D wrote:
> Hi Joachim,
>
> Thanks for responding. I have compiled usb-uhci and usb-ohci
> controllers compiled into the kernel and therefore, I have no modules
> for either of them.

OK, the usb controller is active. That seems not the problem.

> I have a few questions though - would be very grateful if you could answer them:
>
> 1. My kernel is 2.4.18. Is yours the same or a later version? Do you
> remember applying any relevant patch?

Good question. I have 2.4.27 now. IIRC (but I'm not sure) I upgraded from 2.4.18
because linux-wlan-ng would not work with the old one.

> 2. What is the version of the linux-wlan-ng drivers that you're using
> successfully?

Package: linux-wlan-ng
Version: 0.2.0+0.2.1pre21-1
(Debian testing)

I also have
Package: linux-wlan-ng-modules-2.4.27-1-k7
Version: 2.4.27-2+0.2.0+0.2.1pre21-1

> I suspect that my problem will be solved if I find the right version
> number. I did try the latest but it requires some library files for
> which I'd have to migrate to a different kernel - too much work :(. So
> I'm trying to find the version that's not necessarily the latest and
> yet be able to support the device.

I'm not sure if that's possible. It is not _very_ hard work to upgrade from
kernel 2.4.18 to 2.4.27.

> Thanks!!
> Deepa

HTH
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

Q:	How can you tell when a Burroughs salesman is lying?
A:	When his lips move.