Re: disabling print job confirmation

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 01:54:34PM -0600, Justin Guerin wrote:
> On Monday 11 April 2005 07:07, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use CUPS.How can I disable printing of a page containing the line
> > "request id is some-id (x file(s))" after each print job? Besides, I
> > think it should be disabled by default. It's a huge waste of paper.
> >
> > Piotr
>
> Hello Piotr,
>
> First thing that comes to mind: check the banner settings.  Do you have an
> ending banner set?  If not, how about the JobSheets setting?  How about the
> banner= option?  This would appear in the device URI, according to the man
> page.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Justin Guerin
>

> --

Hello,

First the cups version. My apt-cache shows:

Package: cupsys
Section: net
Installed-Size: 15852
Maintainer: Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.1.23-7

Here is the definition of Default printer in /etc/cups/printers.conf

# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.21rc1
# Written by cupsd on Mon Apr 11 14:55:58 2005
<DefaultPrinter my-printer>
Info hp
Location My Location
DeviceURI smb://my-id:my-passwd@my-domain/printserver/HPLaserJ
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

I grepped /etc/cups for "JobSheets" and "banner" and found nothing, but the
above.

Any ideas?

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw