Re: [Fwd: Out of Office AutoReply: "rm" alias which means it defaults to -f]

Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Sunday 10 April 2005 03:12 pm, Almut Behrens wrote:

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 07:19:51PM +0100, J. Grant wrote:

Do you have a policy for auto-responder spam on this list?  My view is
that people should have their membership suspended pending a correction
of their email configuration.

In this case, the list didn't receive the autoreply.  It's been sent
to _you directly_ as the OP of the mail.  Even if there was a policy
on how to deal with subscribers sending autoreplies, the list software
wouldn't have had a chance to detect a problem here...

Almut

I know I've had the same trouble with some e-mail this weekend -- someone has
an autoresponder on and is sending responses to people who post here.

It seems to only send a response on your first post, though.

I'm sure when this person gets back to their office, they'll have a trainload
full of emails from people on lists who didn't like that.

Hal

The last time this happened, I forwarded the email to the lists.d.o
admin and requested that he unsibscribe the offending party (which he
did).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez