Mail system for Sarge

Hello,

I have used Debian for a few years but have always
used clients to connect to a multitude of email
servers scattered around the globe.

I would like to automate the task so that my Sarge box
goes off and downloads all of my mail (POP, IMAP,
yahoo) and then tests the mail for viruses, malware
scripts and spam, and finally sorts the mail into
Maildir subfolders identifying where it came from.

I feel that I cannot be alone in this desire.

I have read extensively from Google and trialled many
packages such as fetchmail, getmail, exim, procmail,
courier, clamav and spamassassin etc.

It all rapidly turns into a 'Can of Worms'(TM). :)

I receive less than 1000 email a day.

I would like to process all mail and do the spam
control right at the end.

My ideas:

Incoming mail from :

    getmail: mail from my offsite imap and pop servers
    fetchyahoo: to get my mail from yahoo
    local mail: from system apps

all go into a spool of some sort.

Test for virus - clamav
Test for scrips etc - sanitizer
Test for Spam and add ***SPAM*** to subject -
spamassassin

Sort into Maildir folders based on x criteria eg.
'To:' address and ***SPAM***

I use a superhost, all outbound email via my isp smtp
server.

IMAP server on local host

I really don't want a hand holding session but what I
would like a logical path to follow using the minimum
number of steps and processes.

Could anyone recommend a howto or some other source
that will help me achieve my goal.

Thanks.