Re: setting up a debian mirror

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 19:55 +0200, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:

> #1 Is there any tips to setup a debian mirror under a RH box?
> I woul like to mirror only sparc and x86 arches (binary and src; free,
> non-free, contrib)
>
> #2 Would you know a how to on setting up a local mirror of debian (it's
> to avoid downloading ten times the same thing when updating the ten
> Debians we have)? this #2 is for a Deian box. (binary, src; free, non-
> free, contrib)

I'm in the middle of a local mirror for 386 and ppc -- it's *huge*; I've
got 25GB already, and it's not over yet.

Google for 'debian rsync mirror setup' (without 's). Rsync is the
program you're looking for. There's a shell script on one of the sites
that will, with some customization, do what you need, I think.

You end up with a directory containing all the files. I'm doing it on a
Debian system, but I've used shell scripts and rsync on RH as old as
7.3.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com