Re: grekllm and mbmon

On Saturday 09 April 2005 08:54, hja123 wrote:
>I want to forget about lm-sensors and use mbmon(motherboard monitor)
>instead. I have installed mbmon and when executed it shows all the
>temps, voltages and a fan speed.
>
>I am not able to link it to gkrellm. The README states as follows:
>
>------start
>
>CPU/Motherboard Sensors - Temperature, Voltages, and Fan RPM
>Linux:
>-----
>Sensor monitoring requires that either lm_sensors modules are
>installed in your running kernel, that you run a kernel >= 2.6 with
> sysfs sensors configured, or, for i386 architectures, that you have
> the mbmon daemon running when gkrellm is started. If the mbmon
> daemon is used, it must be started before gkrellm like so:
>
>mbmon -r -P port-number
>
>where the given "port-number" must be configured to match in the
> gkrellm Sensors->Options config. Sensor temperatures can also be
> read from /proc/acpi/thermal_zone or /proc/acpi/thermal. When using
> lm_sensors, sensor data is read from /proc/sys/dev/sensors and
> there is no linking to the lm_sensors libraries.
>
>------end
>
>I started mbmon and gkrellm in the recommended sequence. I have
> tried an arbitrary port-number of 0 but it does not work. Does that
> port-number refers to some HW I/O port
>address? I haven't got a clue what it is.
>
>Anyone using mbmon w gkrellm? The Web search can't help. Would
>appreciate some suggestions.
>

>hja123

It really does appear you are walking on fresh dirt there.  As far as
port numbers, I may be wrong, but would bot an 'lsof|grep mbmon',
once mbmon has been launched, disclose the port number mbmon has
open, and that gkrellm might be able to access?  Worth a stab at it
anyway I'd think.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)