grekllm and mbmon

I want to forget about lm-sensors and use mbmon(motherboard monitor)
instead. I have installed mbmon and when executed it shows all the
temps, voltages and a fan speed.

I am not able to link it to gkrellm. The README states as follows:

------start

CPU/Motherboard Sensors - Temperature, Voltages, and Fan RPM
Linux:
-----
Sensor monitoring requires that either lm_sensors modules are
installed in your running kernel, that you run a kernel >= 2.6 with sysfs
sensors configured, or, for i386 architectures, that you have the mbmon
daemon running when gkrellm is started. If the mbmon daemon is used, it
must be started before gkrellm like so:

mbmon -r -P port-number

where the given "port-number" must be configured to match in the gkrellm
Sensors->Options config. Sensor temperatures can also be read from
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone or /proc/acpi/thermal. When using lm_sensors,
sensor data is read from /proc/sys/dev/sensors and there is no linking to
the lm_sensors libraries.

------end

I started mbmon and gkrellm in the recommended sequence. I have tried an
arbitrary port-number of 0 but it does not work. Does that port-number
refers to some HW I/O port
address? I haven't got a clue what it is.

Anyone using mbmon w gkrellm? The Web search can't help. Would
appreciate some suggestions.

hja123