Re: gkrellm

On Thursday 07 April 2005 23:37, hja123 wrote:
>alvin & gene,
>thanks for the reply.
>
>I check thro my hardware. It uses i865G chipset with i82801EB I/O
>controller hub (ICH5). This is interfaced with a HW Monitoring & Fan
>Control ASIC via SMBus.
>
>When I do a sensors-detect, the SMBus i801 probe produces a lot
> failures about Nat Sem chips, Analog Dev chips, etc.
>
>Can it be concluded that my HW is not supported by lm_sensors and
> gkrellm?
>
>hja123

That is under active development, so I'd doubt that situation would
last very long. As for sensors_detect, make sure you have the latest
version of lm_sensors.  Errors that are usually harmless are endemic
to its search as it checks for all known sensors types.

Likewise I would search out the newest version of gkrellm, for the
same reasons.

The sensors have been a built into the kernel thing now for quite a
while, but that means a new motherboard may require the latest
2.6.12-rc2 (a good kernel IMO) in order for the hardware to be
properly found.

Waiting for the rpm's is not, IMO a very productive use of your time.
Grab the lastest tarballs and make your own.  You will probably have
a working sensors system, with gkrellm showing you everything, 6
months to a year faster.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)