re:gkrellm

alvin & gene:

Sorry, I have jumped to the conclusion too fast. The summary of
sensors-detect is as follows.

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue:
Driver `lm85' (should be inserted):
Detects correctly:
* Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at c400' (Algorithm unavailable)
Busdriver `i2c-i801', I2C address 0x2e
Chip `Analog Devices ADM1027, ADT7460 or ADT7463' (confidence: 8)

Driver `eeprom' (should be inserted):
Detects correctly:
* Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at c400' (Algorithm unavailable)
Busdriver `i2c-i801', I2C address 0x50
Chip `SPD EEPROM' (confidence: 8)
* Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at c400' (Algorithm unavailable)
Busdriver `i2c-i801', I2C address 0x52
Chip `SPD EEPROM' (confidence: 8)

Driver `to-be-written' (should be inserted):
Detects correctly:
* ISA bus address 0x06e0 (Busdriver `i2c-isa')
Chip `Nat. Semi. PC87372 Super IO Fan Sensors' (confidence: 9)

I will now generate the commands needed to load the I2C modules.
Sometimes, a chip is available both through the ISA bus and an I2C bus.
ISA bus access is faster, but you need to load an additional driver module
for it. If you have the choice, do you want to use the ISA bus or the
I2C/SMBus (ISA/smbus)?
To make the sensors modules behave correctly, add these lines to
/etc/modules:

#----cut here----
# I2C adapter drivers
i2c-i801
i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
lm85
eeprom
# no driver for Nat. Semi. PC87372 Super IO Fan Sensors yet
#----cut here----

The last comment about no driver for Nat. Semi. chip is a tell-all,
isn't it?

hja123