kernel-source or kernel-image to use?

Hello!

kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686
kernel-image-2.6-686
kernel-source-2.6.8
kernel-tree-2.6.8

The first in the abowe list of kernels is the default option at the
installation of Sarge.

Is it possible to set this kernel to use the framebuffer?
The second kernel can install, but the abowe question still there.

With kernel-source-2.6.8 can use the menuconfig and there can set the
new kernel.

With installation of kernel-tree-2.6.8 come the kernel-source-2.6.8.

If I use kernel-source, then can use the menuconfig, but if use
kernel-image, then I can't use the menuconfig to configure the new
kernel. Is it true?

--
Regards,
Paul