Making boot floppy with USB floppy drive

Hello,

  I have re-compiled my kernel in order to get support for my network and video cards.  Now is the time to install the kernel and reboot, but for safety I want (i.e. really should) make a boot floppy.  Problem: my PC has no floppy drive at fd0.  I do have a USB floppy drive, but mkboot doesn't support it.

  How can I make a safe boot floppy right now?  Any solution which requires re-compiling the kernel is obviously unsatisfactory.

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy