Re: RAID1 on sarge fail on boot, work manually postboot.

On (06/04/05 17:04), Alvin Oga wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Clive Menzies wrote:
>
> > On (06/04/05 21:25), Christine600 wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm a debian newbie with a troublesome RAID1.
> > >
> > > When I boot the process halts and I have to press Ctrl+D to continue.
> > > This is because fschk complains when checing /dev/md0 aka my RAID1.
> > >
> > > fsck.ext3: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/md0
>
> probably because /dev/md0 is not created
Hi Alvin

I'm not the OP, however, I've had a similar problem and /dev/md0
certainly does exist because if you try to recreate it with
mdadm --create  a warning says that the devices are already part of an
array.

> if its a e2fsck fs ( works to cleanup ext3 too )
> e2fsck /dev/md0
>
> than reboot vs mounting it
When running e2fsck it complains of a bad superblock and suggests:
e2fsck -b 8193   but it barfs on that too.

> > > mount /dev/md0
> > > ...then everything works fine.
>
> yup .. means it all works, but it's probably hanging from not being
> able to fsck properly ?
I've not tried it but I suspect if you run fsck once it's reassembled,
it will be fine.  I think the issue is that the ide driver modules
aren't loaded when raid starts ...  but I'm new to all this and may be
way off track ;)

Regards

Clive

--