RAID1 on sarge fail on boot, work manually postboot.

Hi!

I'm a debian newbie with a troublesome RAID1.

When I boot the process halts and I have to press Ctrl+D to continue.
This is because fschk complains when checing /dev/md0 aka my RAID1.

fsck.ext3: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/md0

filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem
(and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and
you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

...so I Ctrl+D and the system boots up. If I then login as root and

mdrun
mount /dev/md0

...then everything works fine.

The RAID1 was created on a Mandrake10, and the disks moved over when I
read about debian and apt-get. :-)

I have done apt update/ugrade.
I have read http://www.justenoughlinux.com/2004/03/28/fixing_a_busted_raid.html
I have read http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-hppa@lists.debian.org/msg04228.html