Re: Command-line PHP with Woody

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Robert S wrote:

> > you could also only install php4-cli :P
> >
> >> Install the php4-cgi package.
>
> Unfortunately none of these work in Woody:

Oh yes it does :)

$apt-cache search php4-cgi
php4-cgi - A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language

It is a standard woody package and contains the binary php4.

> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package php4-cli

Yes, there is no php4-cli package.  I think it was posted by the other
poster as a joke.

> ...and:
>
> debian:/home/robert/testing# cat test.php
> <?php
> echo "Hello";
> ?>
> debian:/home/robert/testing# php4 test.php
>
> #
>
> Any more suggestions?

I'm a bit confused.  Your output suggests you _do_ have the binary.

type: which php4

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.