Re: [Fwd: Re: Enable DMA on a Travelmate 8005]

On Wednesday, 06.04.2005 at 16:16 +0200, Marco Calviani wrote:

>  1. my lsmod does not have all these modules labelled as [permanent].
>  I've eliminated them during the recompiling of the kernel, since
>  during boot up i've got error messages claiming that the load of
>  these modules failed.

That sounds very wrong, and the fact that IDE/DMA is broken makes me
sure that there is something bad with your custom kernel.  Are you sure
that you are starting with the properly configured kernel before making
your changes?

And please don't CC me on list messages.  Send to the list, reply to the
list.  Thanks ...

Dave.

--
Please don't CC me on list messages!