Re: 4-port NICs?

On Wednesday, 06.04.2005 at 13:56 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

> Dave Ewart wrote:
> >>Does anyone (successfully) use any of the Intel 4-port NICs under
> >>Debian?
> >To follow up my own post, I'm referring specifically to the "Intel
> >PWLA 8494MT Pro/1000MT Quad Port Server Gbit (Copper) Network Card"
> >
> >There are drivers on the Intel site, the documentation for which
> >seems to suggest that full support for this card is not included in
> >the Linux kernel.
>
> I don't have any yet but am getting some. I thought they just used the
> e1000 driver? Actually, I thought all Intel GB NICs use the e1000
> driver. Or is my life about to become more complicated? Could you give
> a pointer to the information on the Intel site that you refer to?

Maybe I'm misreading
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_results.asp?strOSs=39&strTypes=PLU%2CDRV%2CDRI%2CUTL&ProductID=959&OSFullName=Linux*&submit=Go%21

Source for e1000.(...).tar.gz is given (which is presumably just their
distribution of what's in the Linux kernel), but also the "ANS" driver,
providing additional support.  Maybe that's not required and I'm
panicking about nothing.

Dave.
--
Please don't CC me on list messages!