Re: 4-port NICs?

Dave Ewart wrote:
Does anyone (successfully) use any of the Intel 4-port NICs under
Debian?
To follow up my own post, I'm referring specifically to the "Intel PWLA
8494MT Pro/1000MT Quad Port Server Gbit (Copper) Network Card"

There are drivers on the Intel site, the documentation for which seems
to suggest that full support for this card is not included in the Linux
kernel.

I don't have any yet but am getting some. I thought they just used the e1000 driver? Actually, I thought all Intel GB NICs use the e1000 driver. Or is my life about to become more complicated? Could you give a pointer to the information on the Intel site that you refer to?

Cheers, Dave