Re: sarge cd integrity check

peter colton wrote:
>  On sarge cd 1 in the main menu of the installer there is the option to check
> the integrity of the Sarge cds, I am OK with that method. But if I mount a
> Sarge cd and use md5sum -c on the md5sum.txt  file on the mounted cd,  Dose
> this do the same job of checking the cd integrity ? Or can I use the md5sum
> of the downloaded .iso to check the cd image from a drive ? The reason I am
> asking these questions is the automate the production process.

Running md5sum on an iso image and comparing it with the md5sum file
published with the iso will work. In my experience running md5sum on a
CD sometimes fails, because it may not properly detect the end of the
disk. If you dd off exactly the right size of data and md5sum that, it
should work.

md5sum -c md5sum.txt is effectively the same test that's performed by
the menu item inside the installer. It also does some other minor tests,
including checking for .disk/, and debian/ subdirectories.

--
see shy jo