sarge cd integrity check

  hello all.

 On sarge cd 1 in the main menu of the installer there is the option to check
the integrity of the Sarge cds, I am OK with that method. But if I mount a
Sarge cd and use md5sum -c on the md5sum.txt  file on the mounted cd,  Dose
this do the same job of checking the cd integrity ? Or can I use the md5sum
of the downloaded .iso to check the cd image from a drive ? The reason I am
asking these questions is the automate the production process.

                 thanks all

                   peter colton