Re: benefits of invoke-rc.d

David Landgren wrote:
- less typing (ok, ok, one less char, but less fiddly dots and slashes all the same -- and in some keyboard layouts dots and slashes need a shift modifier to get them).

Being my brain vastly more crammed than my fingers are, I tend to avoid having to remember more than 1000 command line items and unfortunately they 1000 slots are totally full :)

/etc/init.d/ is something I'll always remember.

That said I can imagine other benefits for other people.

Take care,
Bob

NB It's 1000 and not 1024 in case anyone wondered for the same reason I do not have 12 fingers :)