Re: How to create a sarge live CD?

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Clive Menzies wrote:

> On (04/04/05 15:24), W. Borgert wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > for a small system without harddisk I like to run sarge completely
> > from CD.  Are there any ready-to-use tools or do I have to rely on
> > (c)debootstrap+mkisofs+cdrecord?  d-i can't help, right?

you'd need to install /isolinux also to make it bootable

i'm not sure if debootstrap is the same as isolinux for making CDs
bootable

the hard way, but more fun ... and more customized ..
	mkdir /opt/Top-of-CD
	cp -dpar /isolinux /opt/Top-of-CD
	cp -dpar /your-debian-box /opt/Top-of-CD  <<-- the trick
	mkisofs ... Top-of-CD.iso

> You have a few to choose from unless you really mean just sarge
> customised to your own spec.  Check out:
> http://www.xfld.org/Xfld/en/xfld.html
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/
>  and of course knoppix itself

c ya