Re: How to create a sarge live CD?

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 04:06:45PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (04/04/05 15:24), W. Borgert wrote:
> > for a small system without harddisk I like to run sarge completely
> > from CD.  Are there any ready-to-use tools or do I have to rely on
> > (c)debootstrap+mkisofs+cdrecord?  d-i can't help, right?
>
> You have a few to choose from unless you really mean just sarge
> customised to your own spec.  Check out:
> http://www.xfld.org/Xfld/en/xfld.html
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

It's worth noting that the latter's live CD (at least the current
version, which will be released properly on Friday) is based on d-i;
there's one extra package (casper) and a number of modifications to
existing d-i components, basically just to add symlinks for hook
scripts.

It'd be interesting to see how much of that could be made applicable to
Debian.