If I track testing, what happens when testing becomes stable?

Hi,

I need to install more up to date versions of some packages then are available in stable.

I have tried this using 'apt pinning' but in doing so I have run in to dependency problems that I havnt been able to fix, mostly relating to spam assassin and its spamc client.

So I am thinking of changing my system to track testing instead of stable. But before I do so, I wanted to check how it will work when the current testing becomes stable.

When this happens, should I change my apt sources back to point to stable? And then apt-get update as usual?

Sorry, I know this is a very basic question, but I have been struggling to find confirmation on this one for a while.

Thanks, Andy