Re: GDM 2.6 question

Le Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:37:22 +0545, Paras pradhan a écrit :

> my locale name is ne_NP , i compliled ne_NP locale and check
> /etc/gdm.conf and there i found Nepali ne_NP. now when i select Nepali
> under language in the gdm login screen. i was able to login only to X
> session not to gnome, then there i have to do gnome-session terminal
> to acutaly start my gnome session.. no problem with other loclaes and
> default locale.. this is only occuring in ne_NP locale.. where sud i
> add support so that i can direclty login to gnome-session.
>
> previuos versions of gdm ir 2.4 it i was able to login to Gnome
> direcltym but not in this gdm 2.6 that i upgraded using debian
> unstable.

please report the bug in the bug tracker if this does not help:
reportug gdm

this is pretty weird that gdm let you choose the language but then start
X instead of gnome.
Have you checked in gdm that  "session" was to gnome after changing language ?

Also there was a useless language override in gdm which was removed in
2.6.0.8-1 ... though it was not supposed to do this. At worst it would
have started gnome without your language selection !

What is in your /home/your_user/.dmrc ?

Or did you meant that when you try to login to other than X with nepali
language selected it fails ?

Cheers
Alban