Re: Printing plain text with CUPS

Le Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:54:55 -0500, John Kerr Anderson a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have an Epson LX-300+ dot matrix printer and I only want to print plain
> text to it.  I used the "raw" queue, but then it never sends a form feed
> to the printer after each job.
>
> Can anyone explain how to add a form feed string so that the printer does
> it after each job?  I've never figured it out and if I could get it
> working I'd be so happy!!!

You need in cupsys configuraiotn you selected the choice send all unknown
type to the printer in raw format ?

If so it is not meant for text . I don't know if it will be enough but
dpkg-reconfigure cupsys and setting this option to non raw will at least
let cups try to detect teh document type (and if it works print the text
and the feed ).

Please comment if it aas another "raw" option.

Regards
Alban