Re: Restoring Keyboard and Mouse Connections

Le Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:58:38 -0500, Hal Vaughan a écrit :

> I have a KVM, the older kind, controlled with a rotary switch, that I use on
> several systems.  The keyboard and mouse connections are PS2, not usb.  If I
> switch to system C and have to reboot or power down and don't get the switch
> back to system A or B fast enough, then I sometimes lose all mouse and
> keyboard response on A or B or both.  I can still connect to the systems by
> ssh.

If when this happen you try to plug the keyboard directly to A or B does
it works ? It may be a limitation of the KVM .
Did i understand you : A and B are always up while this happens, only C is
powerdown though when you forgot to switch the KVM to A or B while doing
it the KVM does not send the keyboard/mouse data to the other when
switched anymore .

> Is there any way, through ssh, that I can get the system to start
> reading the keyboard and mouse again?  Is there some service I can
> restart or something? I'd really like to be able to reactivate the
> connections without having to reboot.

You can build psmouse as a module and unload/reload it with modprobe. IF
this works then i was wrong above.

Regards
Alban