Re: how to mount a pen driver?

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 17:22 +0600, simply change wrote:
> hi! dear all,
>
> i have a debian sarge kernel 2.6.6-1.386 box. now i want to mount my
> usb pen driver.
> i tried following commands,
>
> mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/pen

Maybe the kernel assigned it to sdb?

> whats the pen driver device name under /dev/ folder on debian sarge?

1. Remove the pen drive.
2. Open a *wide* xterm window.
3. # rmmod usb-storage
4. # tail -f /var/log/messages
5. Insert pen drive
6. wait about 20-25. seconds.
7. Ctrl-C the "tail" command

Look at the contents of /var/log/messages from the time you inserted
the pen drive until the time the kernel stopped spitting out messages.

Paste all those lines into a temp file and attach it to your

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress
order. I have made the great discovery that liberty is a product
of order."
Will Durant